Yet Another Media Blog

Music, Television, Movies, Books, Games

Friday, August 05, 2005

Welcome to Yet Another Music Blog

Hello and welcome to Yet Another Music Blog. My name is Dave, and I'll be your host.

I've been successfully blogging about comics over at Yet Another Comics Blog for nearly a year now, and have decided to branch out with yet another blog, this time about music.

My musical tastes, like my comic reading, are rather eclectic. I tend to like 'good' music no matter the genre, although 'good' is something that's open to interpretation. The main thrust of my musical listening, maybe 50% or so, is female singer/songwriters, although I frequently wander off into country, old-school jazz, classical, ska, power pop, oldies, etc. Anyway, as this blog develops, you'll probably get to know my tastes a little better.

As a companion to this blog, I've also started an Internet radio station via Live365: Yet Another Music Radio. It's free to listen to, as long as you don't mind hearing an occasional short adventisement (it's certainly less obnoxious than regular commercial radio!) I plan on creating a new radio program every week, centered around a theme. But right now it's just running a bunch of random songs I had laying around. I'm forbidden from publishing an actual playlist, but I can tell you that some of the artists currently playing on the station are: Equation, Deanna Kirk, K's Choice, The Waifs, Emm Gryner, Josh Rouse, Kathleen Edwards, Great Big Sea, Patty Griffin, and Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

(BTW, running the radio station costs me a chunk of change each month. So while Yet Another Comics Blog is ad-free, at some point this blog may need to set up a tip jar or an Amazon affiliate program or Google ads or something to help defray the costs.)

So there you have it. Please bear with me as this blog finds its feet. I probably won't post quite as often here as I do over on the comics blog, but we'll see how that goes. Who knows, I may have more to say about music than I think!
|| Dave Carter, 12:35 PM

2 Comments:

Good luck with the new blog! I'll be checking in from time to time as I work part time for a music zine (www.decoymusic.com if you care to check it out). Let the posting begin!!!
Blogger Unknown, at Friday, August 05, 2005 1:28:00 PM  
Welcome to Live365 Dave!
I've been at Live for about 3-&-a-half years (time flies when you're paying to have fun), and it's a pretty cool place. Btw, you can publish a list of the tracks in your playlist, just not in the order that they are scheduled...thank the RIAA for that. I show mine in alphabetical order on my playlist page along with the last 10 tracks played. Anyways, I hope to get some time to check out your station this weekend (work schedule=yechh). I've got my station blog here at Blogger,too. Great minds think alike.
Love & Peace, Clarence
ps: if you've got any questions, my email addy is at the bottom of each page of my website
Blogger Unknown, at Friday, August 05, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

Add a comment